Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Advice to Baruch College

If I was hired by Baruch college using new media technology to improve our school environment and system, I would implement few software system. I would try to implement a new system that's better than Blackboard where students can communicate among each other when they are not in class. This will lead to a better class participation and communication, unlike the current Blackboard where everybody have to check each other thread in other to give some feedback or comments. I will also implement a system where clubs and organizations can communicate with each other instead of just searching up their information and contact them. I would want them to be open as possible where they can network better and cosponsors more events together. Also, I want a system where the students can reach out to clubs and organizations if they aren't able to make it to their events, such as a discussion board for students and clubs.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of allowing students to communicate with each other but with an open thread to the class. It brings back the idea of AOL instant messenger, but as a class. However, there is a more private and direct way to communicate on blackboard via private message but there are a lot of problems with Blackboard. Not all the users are listed on Blackboard and not all of them receive the messages.

    I also had an idea of implementing a way for clubs to interact with the pubic, but I am curious what kind of system you would implement.

    ReplyDelete